Web Magi is located in Flagstaff Arizona - the oasis in the desert. Our beautiful city is right at 7,000 feet above sea level, so we rarely experience the high temperatures known to other regions in Arizona. The annual rain and snowfall ensure that we have plenty of greenery, something you might not expect considering we are surrounded by desert.
We are situated near the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks, so named in 1629 in honor of Saint Francis of Assisi by Friars who had established a mission at the Hopi village Oraibi, some 65 miles away. This extinct volcano is considered to be of great spiritual energy. Nestled amid the Coconino National Forest, we enjoy the casual lifestyle of a small town. The people here in Flagstaff are truly amazing.
Magi - What's in a Name?
We did a fair amount of research before settling on the name “Web Magi”. Pronounced maji, with a soft “g” and a long “i”, the word has carried several meanings over the centuries. The one that resonated the most with us is “wise men from the east” - as we are wise in the ways of the web, and started out in eastern NC.
Anthony Williamson - Owner / Designer / Front-end Dev
I've been involved in the IT industry since 1996, first as a computer specialist and consultant, then broadband installation and service. Originally from eastern North Carolina, I moved to Flagstaff in 2001, and started Web Magi in 2003. I have 18 years' experience in the web design and development industry, with impeccable management, communications, and problem solving skills.
I take a considerable amount of pride and joy in my work, having successfully carried hundreds of paid client projects from concept, to design, development, production, content recommendation and restructure, to SEO, analytics, marketing, and site launch. I routinely manage up to 6 projects at a time, and have for the last 13 years. I've never missed a hard deadline.
For me, being a designer/developer is not just about taking a multidisciplinary approach to solving complex problems, it's about what I've learned lately coupled with broad experiential diversity, know-how, and a knack for finding the right balance between all of these for each client. It's not a stagnate process that can be labeled and laid claim to. It's a movement; a flow that you either become integrated with or eventually slip out of. Eighteen years and hundreds of paid projects later, I am still in the flow.
With a talent for learning, adapting, and refining methods and procedures, I enter into every project with a clear goal and a fresh perspective. I put myself 100% into everything that I do. Meaning that whatever I choose to focus my time and energy on, it then becomes a personal statement of who I am.
- Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- Graphic Design, Logo Design, Illustration, Print, and Branding
- Game Design & Development
- Motion Graphics
- Video and Audio Editing and Composition
- Multi-Platform Apps - Design, development, and production of apps intended for Apple, Android, and Windows mobile devices and App Stores.
- SEO Research and Site Implementation
- Site Search Integration and Maintenance, including backend software installation, setup, and updates
- Email Newsletter Marketing - Design and Campaign Management, including backend software installation, setup, and updates.
- Google AdWords Ad Marketing - Keyword Research, Landing Page Creation/Restructure, Campaign setup and Management.
- Social Marketing
- Custom Google Maps
- Form Creation and Management
- Content Management Systems (WordPress, Business Catalyst, InContext CMS, etc.) - Taking site designs from approval, to development, to production, to launch, to client training on how to manage site updates through the CMS.
- Slideshows, including backend software installation, setup, and updates
- Website Maintenance
- Graphic Designer
- Web and Print Designer
- Game Designer & Developer
- Motion Graphics
- Video Editing and Composition
- Audio Editing and Composition
- Multi-Platform App Designer & Front-end Developer (iOS, Android, Web App)
- Android Frameworks (PhoneGap, jQueryMobile, etc.)
- Design-Centric Development - Utilizing tools & methods to augment or replace old, tired hand coding workflows.
- Ecommerce (Setup, integration, production, and maintenance)
- Content Management Systems (Setup, integration, production, and maintenance)
- Backend Software Integration and Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media and Online Marketing
- Wireframing - Prototyping - Mind Mapping
- Usability - User Experience - Accessibility - Quality Assurance
- Website Management
- IT Guy, including:
- Computer Build and Repair
- Operating System Specialist and Troubleshooting Expert for Windows and Mac
- Computer Networking
Master of Tools
Adobe: (Complete Creative Cloud subscription)
- Photoshop CC 2017
- Illustrator CC 2017
- After Effects CC 2017 – Plugins include: Trapcode Particular, 3D Invigorator Pro , Element 3D, Optical Flares, etc.
- Premiere Pro CC 2017
- Audition CC 2017
- InDesign CC 2017
- And more...
- Toon Boom Animate
- Ableton Live
- Adobe XD (Beta testing)
- Indigo Studio
- Android Studio
- jQuery Mobile
- Knockout JS
- Unity 3D
- Construct 2
- Microsoft Office
- Arclab Web Form Builder
- Fontlab TypeTool
- Fontlab ScanFont
- And many others...