Our base of operations is located in Flagstaff Arizona - the oasis in the desert. This beautiful city is right at 7,000 feet above sea level, so we rarely experience the high temperatures known to other regions in Arizona. The annual rain and snowfall ensure that we have plenty of greenery, something you might not expect considering we are surrounded by desert.
We are situated near the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks, so named in 1629 in honor of Saint Francis of Assisi by Friars who had established a mission at the Hopi village Oraibi, some 65 miles away. This extinct volcano is considered to be of great spiritual energy. Nestled amid the Coconino National Forest, we enjoy the casual lifestyle of a small town. The people here in Flagstaff are truly amazing.
Magi - What's in a Name?
Starting out as a side business in 1998, Web Magi became an official full-time web design business entity in 2003. We did a fair amount of research before settling on a name. The word Magi, pronounced maji, with a soft “g” and a long “i”, has carried several meanings over the centuries. The one that resonated the most with us in the beginning is “wise men from the east” - as we are wise in the ways of the web, and started out in eastern NC.
A Multidisciplinary Approach
We take a considerable amount of pride and joy in our work, having successfully carried hundreds of paid client projects from concept, to design, development, production, content recommendation and restructure, to SEO, analytics, marketing, and site launch.
For us, having a dual focus as designer & developer, we naturally take a multidisciplinary approach to solving complex problems. It's about what we've learned lately coupled with broad experiential diversity, know-how, and a knack for finding the right balance between scope and budget for each client. Our objective with every project is to first understand your needs and project goals. We then map out the scope of your project based on budget and timing. This attention to detail ensures that we get the job done right, on time, and within budget.
With a talent for learning, adapting, and refining methods and procedures, we enter into every project with a clear goal and a fresh perspective. We put ourselves 100% into everything that we do. Meaning that whatever we choose to focus our time and energy on, it then becomes a personal statement of who we are.
- Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- Graphic Design, Logo Design, Illustration, Print, and Branding
- Game Design & Development
- Motion Graphics
- Video and Audio Editing and Composition
- Multi-Platform Apps - Design, development, and production of apps intended for Apple and Android mobile devices and App Stores, utilizing design-centric development tools and methodologies.
- SEO Research and Site Implementation
- Site Search Integration and Maintenance, including backend software installation, setup, and updates
- Email Newsletter Marketing - Design and Campaign Management, including backend software installation, setup, and updates.
- Google AdWords Ad Marketing - Keyword Research, Landing Page Creation/Restructure, Campaign setup and Management.
- Social Marketing
- Custom Google Maps
- Form Creation and Management
- Content Management Systems (WordPress, Business Catalyst, InContext CMS, etc.) - Taking site designs from approval, to development, to production, to launch, to client training on how to manage site updates through the CMS.
- Slideshows, including backend software installation, setup, and updates
- Website Maintenance
- Graphic Designer
- Web and Print Designer
- Game Designer & Developer
- Motion Graphics
- Video Editing and Composition
- Audio Editing and Composition
- Multi-Platform App Designer & Front-end Developer (iOS, Android, Web App)
- Android Frameworks (PhoneGap, jQueryMobile, etc.)
- Design-Centric Development - Utilizing tools & methods to augment or replace old, tired hand coding workflows.
- Ecommerce (Setup, integration, production, and maintenance)
- Content Management Systems (Setup, integration, production, and maintenance)
- Backend Software Integration and Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media and Online Marketing
- Wireframing - Prototyping - Mind Mapping
- Usability - User Experience - Accessibility - Quality Assurance
- Website Management
- IT Guy, including:
- Computer Build and Repair
- Operating System Specialist and Troubleshooting Expert for Windows and Mac
- Computer Networking
Master of Tools
(Complete Creative Cloud subscription)
- Photoshop CC 2017
- Illustrator CC 2017
- After Effects CC 2017 – Plugins include: Trapcode Particular, 3D Invigorator Pro , Element 3D, Optical Flares, etc.
- Premiere Pro CC 2017
- Audition CC 2017
- InDesign CC 2017
- And more...
- Toon Boom Animate
- Ableton Live
- Adobe XD (Beta testing)
- Indigo Studio
- Android Studio
- jQuery Mobile
- Knockout JS
- Unity 3D
- Construct 2
- Microsoft Office
- Arclab Web Form Builder
- Fontlab TypeTool
- Fontlab ScanFont
- And many others...