The Design Process
The importance of the web design process, and the designer's ability to effectively communicate that process to the client cannot be understated. The success of your whole project; from concept, to design, to implementation will be affected by how well this process is planned and ultimately carried out. A streamlined design process achieves two things:
- The greatest opportunity for bringing into focus the core vision of your brand, as it relates to your online presence.
- The shortest possible turnaround time.
Typically, the design process will go something like this:
- Once a project is funded, a design meeting is scheduled (remotely when necessary) with one or more top-level individuals. With medium-to-large organizations where input is required from a larger group of people, it is recommended that pre-design discussions be carried out independently, prior to the main design meeting with us. This helps to keep it simple. We will help you to refine your results during our meeting.
- A list of predefined topics is discussed during the design meeting, and the feedback received is then used to carefully craft a design approach.
- Within 2 weeks of the design meeting, a design preview is ready for review.
A client project area is created on our server where design previews, revisions, and updates can be accessed and tracked. This can be on your server if you have a paid hosting account for your domain.
- Note: As my design process has been enhanced with new workflows since 2018, the initial preview will now be a live web page (of the home page), instead of a single Adobe PhotoShop graphic displayed within a web page. This preview will not necessarily have a fully developed mobile-friendly experience, as this feature is saved for last, but the core of the feature will be built in - meaning that you will have one code base, but unique layout experiences for smartphone, tablet, and desktop. Once the design is approved, all pages are built, and the new site is ready for testing, the mobile experience will also be ready for testing.
You are welcome to review the design at your leisure, acquiring input from team members and coming back to us with requests for changes.
We will work closely with you until a web design is finalized - one that you are absolutely delighted with.
- Some clients invariably choose to seek the input of an in-house (or independent) graphic designer. This is not a problem. We understand that your brand image is vital to your business, and having the fresh perspective of another talented graphic artist is always a plus. We welcome their input. That said, we find that projects tend to run more smoothly when designated managers are able to gather all of the relevant feedback from their team, and then share those with us themselves.
- Our design process was honed over a 23-year period of steady client work. We excel at uncovering the heart of our client's core vision for their brand, and from that, developing a solid design direction. If however, it is ultimately determined that we somehow missed the mark with the design preview, we will gladly schedule a second design meeting. At that time we will look closely at previous talking points, and discuss potential paths and options to bring the design into alignment with your vision. If this results in a completely new design approach, no worries. We do not charge extra for getting it right. :-)
- The only time limit that exists at this point is the one you yourself set. We are perfectly happy to spend whatever time is necessary to create the perfect design that best represents your brand; however many revisions that may require (based on the "Premium Website Design Package". The Standard package is limited to 5 design revisions, while Basic is limited to 2.)
- Once a design is finalized, it is locked. From there we move into development, which can run anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks (Sometimes longer, depending on your project requirements).
- Note: Locked does not necessarily mean that changes cannot be made, only that such changes will halt production, and could incur additional costs.
Call today for your FREE consultation: 928-213-0933.
Visit our pricing page where to can easily & securely order select packages directly from our website with just a few clicks: Pricing